Sunday, June 19, 2011

As I sit here and watch Rory McIlory walk the 18th hole on the his way to winning his 1st major in historical fashion, I wonder if he is going to thank Tiger during his speech. Golf was a sport for the rich that had little to no fan fair before Tiger and now thanks to him the prize money is huge and golf can actually lead on Sportcenter. Let me be clear, I'm a huge Tiger fan and I can't watch for him to return but I also like golf. I just wonder if all of this winners understand that Tiger is the reason they make millions, get sponsorship deals, and just are regulated to the 5 page in the sports section of the paper. Golfers owe Tiger a lot...


Congrats Rory, enjoy every minute of it because this could be the beginning of a wonderful future for you...Just remember that without Tiger (the man you called out last year during the Ryder Cup because he wasn't the Tiger of old but he was still good enough to beat you in Singles) today would mean nothing...

P.S. Good comeback from that horrible Masters collapse

PPS

No comments:

Post a Comment